the internet is so 1998

Wednesday, July 18

what? you have a car in NYC?!! not for long you crazy fool.

not a car. a race car. duh. one of the hidden benefits of having an hour long train commute to the straawb every morning is having a place to park my bucket at night. and I gotta' tell you, driving in the city, well, it's da'bomb. a sea of yellow mercenaries paid to move people from one place to the next. and some cops. and me. all fighting to squeeze at high speed into small spaces, advance position, beat the lights.

well all was fun and games.

did you know it's illegal in the state of new york to hold a cell phone whilst operating a motor vehicle? NYPD knows. and now I know. I was on the telly with ms. jillian (sorry I had to hang up) and a cop told me to pull over. I considered my options, and not pulling over made the patty a wee bit nervous. he sent a gaggle of beat cops after me. who, at the next red light, politely demanded I pull the vehicle over. but I was in a hurry! "I don't really have the time," I told the officer who's mouth was foaming at my window. I guess he meant business?

welp, no insurance, the car isn't registered, nor titled. hell, it's a racecar! I was wearing my safetybelt, and that must have bode heavily on the hearts of the jr. swat patrol. rather than confiscate my wheels or tie my shoelaces together they were proper gentlemen; sent me on my way with a handful of yellow confetti (cough*tickets*cough) and a smile.
I <3 N Y.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.