the internet is so 1998

Thursday, August 9

y'own medicine

so many words of wisdom stirin'round lately for the new kids I was wondering what I could add to the soup. and I realized that the things being said are just as valuable to the 2nd years as it is to the first. I think that's the magic of this experience: we're all at different stages and yet we all have the ability to contribute to each other's progress.

here's my contribution for the greenies and the vets:

stay positive.

there's a saying which I'm sure you've all heard by now. it's only advertising. it's true. you can get so bent out of shape working on a dead-end project, or with a partner you just don't jive with. but all that negative energy, what's it good for? shake that shit off and move on. it's good that we remind ourselves every now and again that we're some lucky sons of bitches getting to play with ads all day. make it fun.
if it's not fun, it's not worth it.

anonymous and me stayin' positive at strawberryfrog, NY

I want some advice.
from a 1st year. any takers?

6 comments:

Bukes said...

Yeah, Kasey looks really positive.

Really positive.

Bukes said...

enormous

joshy drops hammers! said...

forgive the deletes, I don't mind the dig but I won't abide by phantom posting or covering your tracks

Tor said...

I just got overwhelmed by the idea of a phantom poster so I forgot my advice. Oh right, I remember. Everyone just needs a pineapple door knocker waiting for them at home to stay positive.

joshy drops hammers! said...

banned. btw, your hair looks fabulous.

JesseB said...

advice from a first year: remember how lucky you are to be where you're at. Alot of people want your spot and never will have it.