the internet is so 1998

Thursday, September 13

the culture of long walks on the beach

what constitutes a cultural group? is apple a culture? if so, does owning an ipod grant you access or do you actually have to have the sticker on your car? my pops used to kid me for having stüssy shirts; thought it was funny that I was making some guy named stüssy famous. and I was paying cash ta' do it.

or maybe it was a requirement of being a part of the stüssy culture?

MMA. now there's a culture. shared vocabulary, mannerisms, dress. have common aspirations, hang out at the same places and seem awfully strange to all us normals on the outside looking in. isn't that what culture is all about?

it took a few days for me to blog this. I belong to the culture of procrastination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the pic - nice motley crew you have goin there! Cheers.

jv

Anonymous said...

hi. i like that you keep a blog these days. It allows me to feel close to you without being close. Sometimes I watch you sleep.